Today was the hottest day of 2008 thus far. We reached the mid 70's! Woo-hoo! The weather gurus are predicting more rain this week, so we were forced to go out and soak up the sun. Reluctantly (yeah, right) Tyson and I (papa) ventured out to Mt Tabor park in southeast Portland. Momma flew to Seattle for the day, to get her hair done (yeah you heard me right). No, we are not rich. We have Co-nec-tions! Yeah!
Anyway, back to the story, us boys had a blast. The ride to the park took forever. (I guess other families had similar ideas of soaking up the sun.) We finally made it there just barely less than an hour after we'd left. (It should have taken us about 25 minutes!) We began our adventure, Tyson in the backpack, and me (papa) playing the camel ( you know, carrying the people and the gear). We found a prime spot right next to the playground. Ton of kids were running around, going down slides, swinging, and just having FUN! Tyson watched them with excitement. Every once in a while he'd let out a squeal or start bouncing (his version of dancing) as he watched the little boys and girls play. I could tell that he wanted to join them, if he could only figure out how to use those darn legs. How do they do that?
So, Tyson ate some lunch. The yummy crowd favorite of hot cereal mixed with broccoli. Makes your mouth water, doesn't it? As he ate he watched the motorcycles vroom by and the occasional skateboarder wizz down the hill.
I noticed that the swings had a baby/toddler swing included. You know, the one that has holes for their legs and keeps them on the swing without them having to maintain a good grip. I'd decided I'd take Tyson over for a test ride. Really, I didn't know what to expect. Tyson is pretty courageous, but I wasn't sure if he'd go for this. Well, let me be the first to say that we now have new favorite. He LOVED it! He yelled and squealed sounds of delight with every pass. It was soooo awesome to watch. Pure delight! Honestly, I don't know who enjoyed it more. Him, the swingee or me, the swing-er. We called mom so she could hear how much he loved the swings. I wish I had brought the video recorder or camera. We will definitely post some pics and video of future swing sessions. Luckily, we have a park right outside our backyard gate. So, Tyson will get plenty of swing time.
Summer days are right around the corner. This should be fun! :)
1 comment:
You got to fly to Seattle?...I was there this weekend!! I'm glad you got to get your hair done...but how sad that you missed the swing session. I'm sure there will be many more since you are now right next to the park! (Today's the day, right?...Happy moving...=) You've got to get video of the swinging...
Post a Comment