Well, we do seem to talk a lot about how much Tyson eats and that he seems to be eating all of the time, and I'm sure you're thinking, 'yeah, guys, why do you talk about it so much?' As I was reading about nutrition and food for him I came across a section about calories. Now as far as calories are concerned in my diet, I love 'em. I just eat 'em up. I like math, but I don't equate food with math so I don't count them. But...when I read this section about babies and calories I was floored! Apparently they are supposed to consume (in his age range) 47calories per pound! Hence the above equation. I am to eat 13 calories per pound (Tenisha) which gives me about 1950 calories per day (roughly..don't do the math please). So that means he is only eating a little over 900 calories less than me! It caused me to spend the next bit adding up (the thing I hate to do) what he eats to make sure he is getting enough. It made sense then why he sometimes would wake up hungry. We fed him, but were thinking, why in the world is he waking up hungry....thinking he had eaten a lot that day.
A new addition to our quickly growing smaller living space is a new high chair. No longer do we have to sit on the floor to feed him. Now that he has this new chair he is quickly getting the hang of eating with his fingers! Before the high chair all we could do was give him cheerios in a bowl, which he would promptly dump out on the floor and then proceed to eat them one by one. (He looked like PacMan. He'd literally follow the line of O's) Now he eats fruits and cheese bits as well and has gotten the hang of banging on the tray. His favorite way is to use both hands and try to catch the spoon on its way into his mouth. Sometimes he acts surprised when he hits it...mmhmmm...right. Look at the smirk on his face. He knows....he knows..
4 comments:
That's a lot of calories! I had no idea! Some of Gracie's still comes from formula and I'm trying to make sure that I add a fat to each thing she eats...like adding coconut oil to blenderized foods or organic butter to her veggies that will aid in the absorption of nutrients. I think adds quite a few calories....but still...I didn't realize it was that many!Bring it on, babies!
Tyson gets over 500 calories from formula. (about 100 per 5 oz) There is more calculating to do about fat too...they are supposed to get 35%-55% fat for their age (20lb baby. That's a good idea adding coconut oil to the veggies...any more ideas? :O)
I think our boys seem to eat ALOT more than abby...maybe it's a boy thing too!? We always joke at how much they are going to eat when they are teens!
yeah... we say the same about Tyson. We can't imagine what our food bill will be in 12 years!!!
Post a Comment