Tyson wants to learn how to read. He WANTS to learn how to read. I don't know how to teach him how to read. He's 3 years old. I don't need him to learn how to read. I like to read to him. But he wants to..so he's learning how to read.
It's probably because of Word World.
This afternoon I was, um, reading with Kaiya, and Tyson came in with a letter d and a letter b. (He has a magnetic set of letters and numbers they play with on the fridge). He wanted to clarify which one was which. So we sang the song from Word World, ' a line then circle is the letter b, a circle then line is the letter d'. He smiled and walked back into the kitchen. A few minutes later he called for me to come see what he did. I walked into the kitchen to look at the fridge.
"Look! Buh-ed. It says bed!"
"What?!?! What are you doing?! You spelled that? Are you trying to spell and learn how to read?!"
Which, being a defiant 3 year old, makes him want to spell all the more...
I'm so proud of him. :O)
Besides, I haven't even read the book yet about how to teach him how to read...
1 comment:
Go Tyson!! Love, Grandma Patrick
Post a Comment