Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sick days...

We've been pretty sick here the past week or so...this is probably the worst cold I have ever experienced.


Tyson was the first to come down with it. It was a fever for 24 hrs, then coughing, sneezing and a runny nose that seemed to be trying to run to the south pole.

Day 1 with the fever was pretty great...he just laid around all day looking tired..



and occasionally making a nest to sleep in...


Once the fever went away the coughing started and continued to get worse and worse to the point of having to go get a prescription cough syrup with codeine. We were doing everything we could to help him, humidifier with eucalyptus, honey/thyme throat coat, over the counter cough syrups, etc, but the coughing was interfering with him even being able to eat..so we took him in. The doctor was momentarily stumped..he sounded a lot worse on the outside than he did on the inside, his lungs were clear and his throat wasn't flaming red or anything..so she agreed that it was a cold and that the cough syrup would give him relief. Well, the first dose certainly didn't, but by the second dose he was feeling better. They did tell us that the codeine would make him a little drowsy...we never saw the effect of that..but it was nice to have him breathing more comfortably, eating better and sleeping better.

And then Kaiya started..
And then Mama started, just the milder, more like the average cold, version...
And Papa is taking care of us all....

*cough, cough*

3 comments:

Our growing family said...

so, so, so sorry to hear that you are all so sick!
I've been praying for you!
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! We'll be gone next friday/weekend, but I'll be home this week!
praying!

Anonymous said...

I will keep praying for you guys -- Cathy

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry to hear that. I sure hope you guys get well soon. Sick kiddos and mama are not good. :0( Horray for papa for coming to the rescue....... :0)

Ruthanne