Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tyson the Firefighter

Today we went to the Hawthorne area of Portland. There's a bookstore there I needed to go to, so after soccer/basketball class we headed into town. Of course we needed to have a snack so we pulled into Station 9 to see if we could have snack with Jason and the crew. As we were pulling in, they were pulling out, with Jason driving. I knew where they were headed as I saw their huge Comm Van just down the street staged in a parking lot. We decided to eat snack in the car then walked around the corner to the bookstore. It was really a nice day today, about 50 degrees and sunny!! It was nice for January anyway.

We went to the bookstore, looked around and as we were heading back we decided to walk down to where they were doing their practice/set up stuff. We got there just as they were finishing, so we got a chance to talk to them for a few minutes. We all needed to head back to the fire station and as they had to take the fire engine as well as the van back there were extra seats in the fire engine. Jason asked Tyson if he wanted to ride back to the station in the fire engine!!!!

At first Tyson was kinda shy...he wanted to know if Kaiya and I were going too..but we couldn't since we had the stroller. So if he wanted to go, he would have to go by himself, with daddy driving the fire engine!

He looked a little shy...was a little red from embarrassment...and then said Yes!

Jason lifted him up to the back seat and buckled him in. He had such a big grin on his face!!

Once the door was closed you could barely see his face smiling in the window..

This is what he had to say about it:

M: So, what did you think of getting to ride in the fire engine?
T: "It was fun! Um...I could see some lights on top of the fire engine. Kaiya didn't get to ride in the fire engine."

He rode down the block to the station. I'm sure he didn't stop smiling the entire time he was in the seat. He was still smiling when he was lifted out.

He smiles when you ask him about. Now he wants to be a firefighter.

I wish I had had my camera on me.

3 comments:

Our growing family said...

Oh my-this is so precious!! I'm sure you will never forget the look even though you didn't have a camera!
Miss you guys...hope you are all rested up from that sick spell you endured!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great father/son team! Go, Tyson! Love, Grandma Patrick

Anonymous said...

WOW..... how fun for Tyson. Too bad about not having the camera. Yea Tyson... you are such a great little helper for daddy. You will make a great fire fighter just like you daddy. Like Father..Like Son. I love you Fire fighter Tyson. And Miss Kaiya too

Grandma Coen :o)