
Yesterday we found her!! She's a little over 1, born a few days after Tyson. She's a mix, obvious German Shepherd coloring, but in a little lab body. She's a postpartum mom, just having given birth to 10 puppies (!! Way to go mama!!!) in late May. She soo very good with Tyson. She won us over when we took her for a walk and he was tottering behind her about 50 yards. He took a spill on the pavement and cried a bit. She immediately looked concerned, pulled me around and we jogged back to see how Ty and Jason were doing. She gave Tyson a few licks on the face and sniffed Jason to make sure everything was ok.. Awww.....We weren't sure how her 'watch dog' skills would be, but once we were home she checked each and every time the front door openend. And then, to top it off, during the night, when Tyson would cry, she was interested and wanted to go in an give us a hand. Maybe we should name her Nana, like the dog in Peter Pan. She really doesn't mind him at all, learning to touch her, accidently stepping on her toes, picking up and dropping her tail. Jason says it's probably not as much activity as she had with all the pups crawling and nipping her. Tyson gets on his hands and knees and says, 'Ar Ar'. How does he know to do that??? It's too cute.
Her given name is Jolie, but it just doesn't quite fit...so we'd like to see what you all think about the names we're thinking about.
She seems to be adjusting really well...already potty trained (whew) and just comfortable hanging out and checking things out. We could go on and on...and it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet.
*sigh*
3 comments:
Congrats, guys! Glad you got your guard dog...it will be fun to see some more pics! Can't wait to meet you, Jada!!??
Looks like you guys have been having so much fun! And a new dog...she sounds perfect! What a blessing!
So glad you have the internet up!!
Sorry I haven't called...I don't know where the days have gone! I would love to get together sometime! I think the kids would love to meet your dog too! I like Jada also!
I forgot...I do better w/email-so much easier w/my kids!
threetreephotography@hotmail.com!
Hope to get together soon!
Post a Comment